Job Title : Software Engineer, Development
Job Type : Full Time
We are looking for someone who relishes developing software. You will need to thoroughly understand the problem space and work with cross-functional teams to design and implement solutions. The ideal candidate has a relentless passion to solve problems with attention to quality and performance.
* Work independently and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary OpenSource community
* Take ownership, Design, execute, and cover every familiar and unexpected aspect of the project’s development
* You will quickly learn new concepts and create working prototypes
Identify places for improvement; make them faster and more extensible
* You will be programming in Golang and Python
* You will develop OpenEBS Modules that will run in Containers ( Docker, Kubernetes, etc,. )
* 1-2 years of experience in Software Development (Java/Python/Golang preferred).
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or similar.
* Have worked on Linux/Unix systems
* Proficient in programming in any of the programming languages like – Python, Java, Golang, C/C++
* Have a solid understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms, ability to evaluate the pros/cons of algorithms.
* Passion for owning the code you develop and ship
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across the organization and interact effectively at all levels of management and peers.
* Prior experience with Storage Technologies, Products and Solutions is highly desired
* Understanding of deploying applications on Dockers, Kubernetes, etc., is highly desired
* Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.)
* Contributed to OpenSource Projects
* Worked in startups or small product teams.