Job Title : Software Development Manager
Job Type : Full Time
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for delivery of high quality innovative storage products built for enterprise and cloud customers. Must ensure that the team is able to work efficiently with solid designs and clear short and long term goals, mitigating any impediments in the process. Must have a proven technical background and ability to effectively manage a team of technically high qualified and motivated engineers. The ideal candidate is aspiring to become an Engineering Manager.
* Understand team members very well – their strengths, areas of development and aspirations to do a great job of mentoring them including driving the performance appraisals for the team.
* Manage the day-to-day development activities of multiple projects by reviewing, analyzing, scoping, planning, engineering, implementing, testing and communicating.
* Run daily scrums to assess and determine obstacles and risks in the current schedule and resolve them.
* Work with Product Owners to define, plan and prioritize software deliveries, assembling sprint, release, and overall product roadmap plans.
* Drive innovation and continuous improvement in technology and methodologies to increase productivity and ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across all the areas
* Working closely with HR and VP-Engineering to facilitate hiring, mentoring, performance reviews, career development.
* Ability to review design and code as needed, and provide technical direction to the group in all phases of development.
* Understanding of technical architectures, capacity plans, tool requirements, automation plans, product launch plans, and other deliverables.
* Nurture a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, creative problem solving, and innovation within the team.
* 6+ years of total software engineering experience with a thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle for commercial SaaS software product development.
* 2+ years of manager experience in relevant technology teams managing a team of 5+.
* Strong requirements analysis and solution design abilities.
* Track record of successful collaboration with cross-functional and distributed teams.
* Well versed in Scrum principles and practices. Practical knowledge of agile development process is mandatory
* Work in a deadline-driven work environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Strong leadership competencies including the ability to think and act strategically, drive for results, build a high performance culture and inspire/ coach others to perform at higher levels.
* Pro-active leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution.
* Must be inclined towards OpenSource development
* Worked in startups or small product teams.
* Prior Experience with building highly scalable and highly available systems
* Prior experience with Storage Technologies, Products and Solutions is highly desired
* Prior experience of Storage Testing tools like fio, vdbench, iozone, iotest etc., is preferred
* Prior experience with Cloud related technologies VMWare, Virtual Box, Amazon AWS
* Prior experience with tools like Vagrant, Terraform, Ansible
* Understanding of deploying applications on Dockers, Kubernetes, etc., is highly desired
* Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.)
* Contributed to OpenSource Projects – Github or contributed to Company Blogs or Linked in Publishing
* Experience with hiring, mentoring, performance management
* Keeps up with the latest trends in the Software Development Processes and Software Architectural trends like Micro-services, Hybrid-Cloud Deployments.
Experience with Java / J2EE, Python, Golang, C, C++, UI Frameworks/Libraries