Job Title : Associate Software Architect, Storage Stack Developer
Job Type : Full Time
As Associate Software Architect, you will be directly working with CTO/CEO and you will be primarily responsible for driving the innovations around the OpenEBS Storage Stack. OpenEBS is built for containers, using containers and you will be shaping the Persistent Storage for Containers that will enable Containers to get into production.
* Design and develop our high performance storage stack
* Manage tasks at startup pace
* Collaborate in OpenSource with other developers
* Customer interactions and architecting new solutions
* R&D on the latest persistent storage architectures in Containers
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or similar.
* 6+ years experience as a software engineer, developer, or programmer
* Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Python, C/C++
* Deep understanding of the Disk IO stack, TCP/IP, and low level packet/frame architecture
* Experience building reliable, maintainable, and tested software across large deployments
* Firm understanding of Filesystems and Block Storage
* Familiarity with SDS concepts
* Familiarity with virtualization technologies (libvirt, KVM, QEMU, Namespaces and Containers)
* Real world experience building enterprise or opensource storage systems that can scale upto peta bytes of storage preferred
* Experienced with Filesystems, Block Storage, NAS/SAN, Storage Protocols – NFS, iSCSI, RBD,
* Experience with Distributed Filesystems like Ceph is a plus.
* Understanding of deploying applications using Docker, Kubernetes, Volume Plugins, SDS, etc., are highly desired
* Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.)
* Contributed to OpenSource Projects
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across the organization and interact effectively at all levels of management and peers.
* Worked in startups or small product teams.